Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Writer’s Block

Poem Writer’s Block

 

I have a thought…

But I’m unable to write it out

Expressing it’s so difficult…

And words are so scarce right now

 

I’m thinking about something…

I know that it’s worth sharing

Writer’s block must be my condition…

 

I feel so helpless… and lost

I’m surrounded by motivation…

I feel the energy of excitement

But the words I seek are holding me hostage

 

I’m restless…

I should forget my agony for now

And focus on a meaningful task in the interim

 

Take a walk perhaps…

Or simply a short drive

Disregard the ink and paper for a while…

And remember life as it’s before me

 

Temporary conditions are facts of existence…

A dead-end in writing’s no exception

Be prepared for when the fountain flows again…

And record those thoughts in words preponderant

 

 

 

©Dennis A. Dames 2003, 2004-2023,2024...